BALANCED & HEALTHY WATER
WEAK, EXCESSIVE OR UNDER PRESSURE
- Kidney issues
WATER IN NATURE
Water Element represents all forms of water that exists on our earth. Consider the range and transformative properties of water; clouds, rainfall, gentle streams, noisy waterfalls, the stillness of a frozen lake, a mighty river, the vast oceans, and waves. Water is all about our ability to change, to flow and overcome obstacles by eroding them away over long periods or sweeping them away like a tsunami at other times!
Positioned at the end of the ‘5 Element Cycle’, Water represents the Winter season. It is connected with dark, coldness and the time everything starts to die down, to hibernate or migrate. We feel a need to spend time cozied up indoors, to sleep more, rest, eat and restore our energy.
The Ancient Chinese determined that the kidneys and urinary bladder, ‘the waterworks,’ and reproductive and sex organs are all connected to the Water element. If the kidneys are out of balance, a person often feels scared, frightened and fearful, they can be hypersensitive, mistrusting and even paranoid.
Kidney blockages and/or weakness can manifest physically as ear, hair and tooth problems, urinary infections, kidney stones, reproductive sexual problems, dull headaches, lower back, leg and knee problems, a lack of willpower and determination and possibly kidney disease.
Water types show qualities inherent to Winter which makes them appear rather cool, calm and reflective. However inwardly they are building up reserves and preparing for spring, which may bring a new innovation as they can be highly creative.
The negative emotion associated with Water is fear, while the positive emotion is calmness. A balanced Water Element uses resources of energy, time, contacts, and money wisely, rather than hoarding or overspending them. With an excess of this element said to cause indecision and lack of staying power.
Water element also represents a person’s wisdom. A balanced Water indicates a person is wise and intelligent and capable of thinking clearly and acting appropriately. Therefore, when Water element is very weak or missing, a person might be slow-witted, foolish, misguided or irrational in his/her thinking.
The following lifestyle, sports/activities, foods, careers are recommended to help you increase the strength of your Water element. If your Water is already strong, excessive or dominant, we would suggest avoiding these activities.
- Time of day: Night
- Time of year: Winter
- Energy: Floating
- Natural form: Lake, Ocean, River, Rain, Snow, Cloud, Fog, Pond
- Direction: North
- Organ: Kidney and bladder
- Attitude: Objective, artistic, original, flexibel
- Taste: Salty
- Color: Blue, Dark Blue, Black
- Excessive Water: Excessive will power
- Balanced Water: Calmness
- Weak or non-existing Water: Fear, Anxiety
When Water element is not balanced, either too weak or excessive, problems in these areas might occur.
- Sexual organs and related sexual diseases
- Blood-related problems
- Urinary and prostate problems
These sports and activities are good to stimulate weak water energy.
- Swimming – especially in the sea or a large lake to increase Yang Water
- Run or walk – close to water, along with the seashore or riverbanks
- Star-gazing – walk outdoors, connect with the universe on a Winter’s night
- Long baths and showers
- Live near Water – a riverside, lake view or by the seaside
- Wear more black and lilac colored clothing
- Sleep on a metal or waterbed
Food and drinks are one of the easiest ways to balance our elements as they stimulate our organs directly and can act as a medicine. Here are some of the foods which are good for those lacking Water
- Salty and watery foods
- Fish and Seafood
- 2-3 liters a day of boiled and filtered water
Certain jobs and professions are suitable for stimulating certain elements. If your Water element is too excessive, these, for example, are probably professions which it would be good to avoid. If your Water element is strong and balanced, you will be probably attracted towards these professions.
- Shipping, transportation, courier or moving business
- Business with water and seafood
- Strategic planning and analysis
- Laundry and cleaning business
Famous people with the strong Water element.
- Ben Affleck
- Bradley Cooper
- Pope Francis
- Jack Dorsey
- James LeBron