FIRE IN NATURE
Fire Element represents all forms of fire that exist on our earth. Consider the range and properties of fire from a small flame, to a raging forest fire, or an erupting volcano and of course the power of the sun itself. Fire is all about our ability to be persistent just as the sun rises every day, fire types are outgoing and full of ideas.
Positioned at the middle of the ‘5 Element Cycle’, Fire represents the Summer season, so it is connected with bright, warmth, heat and the time flowers are in bloom, fruits are developing and we feel energized, playful, creative.
The Ancient Chinese determined that the heart, pericardium, small intestine, and triple warmer meridian are all connected to the Fire element. If the heart system is out of balance, a person often feels sad or broken-hearted or they may become overexcited. Heart blockages and/or weakness can manifest physically as problems with high/low blood pressure, angina, headaches, fevers, problems with speech, throat or the tongue. Small intestine unbalance can cause difficulty in recognizing priorities.
Fire types show qualities inherent to summer, so they appear outgoing, warm, lively and sociable. The fire energy is upward and expanding, a strong dynamic, masculine energy which can be restless and highly creative. The negative emotion associated with fire is over excitement and possibly hysteria if unbalanced, while the positive emotion is joy and creativity. When Fire Element is balanced a person is usually good with relationships, intimacy, they are fun to be around. An excess of this element is said to cause aggressive behavior and sometimes hatred.
The element of Fire governs a person’s elegance and mannerisms, and if balanced, the person will behave appropriately, elegantly and graciously. The Fire also represents passion, therefore if Fire is weak or non-existing person might get depressed easily and often feel inadequate.
The following lifestyle, sports/activities, foods, careers are recommended to help you increase the strength of your Fire element. If your Fire is already strong, excessive or dominant, we would suggest that you avoid these activities.
- Time of day: Midday (9am to 1pm)
- Time of year: Summer (May & June)
- Energy: Expansive
- Natural form: Flame, Fire, Volcano, Sun
- Direction: South
- Organ: Heart and Small Intestine
- Attitude: Outgoing, Warm, Expressive, Social
- Taste: Bitter
- Color: Red, Pink, Copper, Bright Colour Combinations
- Natural accessories: Ruby, red gemstones
- Man-made: Lamp, light bulb, battery, plastic, chemicals, flammable goods
- Excessive Fire: Excitement
- Balanced Fire: Joy, Love, Happiness
- Weak or non-existing Fire: Sadness, Loneliness, Depression, Restlessness
When Fire element is not balanced, either too weak or excessive, problems in these areas might occur.
- Small intestines
These sports and activities are good to stimulate weak Fire energy.
- Stage performance
- Wear bright colors
- Computer work / play
- Smoke therapies
Food and drinks are one of the easiest ways to balance our elements as they stimulate our organs directly and can act as a medicine. Here are some of the foods which are good for those lacking Fire element.
- Fried onions
- Spring onions/scallions
- Mild Spices
- Seeds and herbs such as parsley
Certain jobs and professions are suitable for stimulating certain elements. If your Fire element is too excessive, these, for example, are probably professions that it would be good to avoid. If your Fire element is strong and balanced, you will be probably attracted to these professions.
- Public Speaking
- Entertainment & stage performance
- Advertising, Marketing & PR
- Beauty business (cosmetics, beauty products)
- Airplane pilots and stewardess
- Computers, electronics, IT gadgets
- Innovation (medicine, science)
- Visionary leadership
- High tech (AI, robotics, blockchain)
- Oil, energy and lighting business
- Religion, spirituality and energy healing
Famous people with strong Fire element:
- Angelina Jolie
- Meryl Streep
- Dalai Lama
- Nelson Mandela
- Lionel Messi
- Kanye West